Girls on the Run

Today at 3 pm, behind the Lower School, twenty-seven young girls and their buddies gathered to run their practice 5K.  For many of these girls, this was the first time they had ventured such a distance.  It was great to see their excitement and determination, and I know that this experience engenders confidence in them that they will carry with them for a long time.

As they took off down the gravel fire lane behind the school for their first lap, I thought, "What a great habit for these girls to be cultivating at this age!"

Lora Charles rallies the runners before the race

Ready to run

Senior Brie Charles is helping as a Junior Coach for the GOR program this year

Comments

As one of the inaugural coaches for GOTR at Trinity, it thrills me to no end to see this! And as a 36 year old woman, I still use the communication skills I taught my girls. "I feel...when you...because...I need you to..." :)

Popular Posts