Strings at Trinity


Last night's performance by several Trinity strings ensembles was a most gratifying experience for me. Nancy Brooks (founding Board member) and Mary Fran Boyce have directed several groups this year in the Lower and Middle Schools, and this concert was something of a culmination of their fine efforts.

When they gathered all the groups--the Lower School Ensemble, The E-Team Violins (read, youngest, cutest players), the Middle School String Ensemble, and the Flutes (under the direction of Trinity music teacher Kaity Woodrum)--all these groups together made a great impact on me. I counted about two dozen players in this conglomerate group, and I can't tell you how pleased I am to see that critical mass. I couldn't help thinking what our Upper School program will be like in six years, if these students stay at it and continue to improve.

But I am getting ahead of myself. For now, let's just bask in the beauty of Mozart's "Musical Joke," Vivaldi's "Concerto in A Minor," and a repertoire of folk songs and traditional fiddle tunes. Delightful.

I've attached a picture that features our two heroes, Mrs. Brooks and Mrs. Boyce. Of course, they would say the students are the heroes. And they are.

Comments

Popular Posts